Sunday 12 May 2013

Work, Fighting a Cold and Bump Worries!

Well Since the last post we have been eagarly awaiting the next scan, and just trying to get by one day at a time.

I had my booking appointment with My midwife, and she was lovely as ever.
Took some bloods - and had to go REAL deep to find a vein, which has never happened in my life! I've always been fine for giving blood.

Anywho...

We booked the 12 week scan in for 23rd of May and will go from there.

So now we are scared again, and inpatient and waiting is a bitch!

So Monday this week I returned to work - I work 12 hour shifts - and after about 3 hours I was getting slightly hot and bothered and feeling shakey.

I thought It may be thirst so I drank plenty of water and then still no better I had a bar of chocolate which helped.

I made sure I snacked all day to help.

Then after about 9 hours I felt REALLY ill and felt as though I needed to pass wind!! Very awful, but It felt trapped.

I suffer with this normally, and can take the pain, but I was scared and crying and a mess at work. I left ten mins before my shift ended and went home in tears.

A hot water bottle and a cry helped.

Then the next morning I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck.

I had a sore throat, blocked nose, and just felt terrible.

I emailed work and told them I was sick, and at the same time my boyfriend was also sent home from work sick! So we spent the day wallowing and being Ill together.

I have been drinking lots and LOTS of water and getting plenty of rest, and blowing my nose at every possible chance! It seemed to help it pass within a few days and Now I am back in work, although I would very much prefer to be in Bed right now.

Also along with the horrible head cold, I have been VERY uncomfortable for the past 2 weeks.

I normally sleep on my belly, but have been too uncomfortable to sleep like that, and tossing and turning all night and waking up a lot. generally a ratty sleep!

Also to top all of it off, I have been very bloated and had a hard belly, and had constipation for the first time in YEARS!

I was worried my belly bump had shrunk but realise it could just be wind passed or the fact I have now Pooped!! haha

I guess we will just find out on the 23rd! I refuse to by a pregnancy pillow until after the scan.

Until then I am now workin 3 x 12 hour shifts and sleeping in between and hoping the next 2 weeks go very quickly for us!

Uck. Sorry for the lack of positivity, just feel very rundown and in need of a break!

- Rosebud

No comments:

Post a Comment